HowTos >> CreateWebInterfaces
How do I create a web interface to the information in my MV DBMS?
- Informer from Entrinsik http://www.entrinsik.com/solutions/informer.cfm
- WebView from Sierra Bravo http://www.sierra-bravo.com/webview.php
- Full-featued Online Store w/ Pick API Interface, Royalty Free - http://www.sierra-bravo.com
- WebWizard from ERIS (Eagle Rock Information Systems) http://www.eaglerock-is.com/wwiz.asp
- Visage from Stamina Software http://www.stamina.com.au/Products/Visage/Products_Visage.htm
- A video on this page, provided by Nebula Research and Development, demonstrates how to create a web service client and server with the .NET Framework. The connectivity to the DBMS is through mv.NET.
- DesignBais from DesignBais International http://designbais.com/
Open Source Solutions
Connect a web server to a U2 (Universe or Unidata) database via u2pipe.
http://mvwww.sourceforge.net/ - not actively maintained, not entirely dead either.
- JScript for U2 (JS4U2)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian_renfrew/JS4U2/docframe.html - not actively maintained, mostly dead, someone should assume this worthy project.
- RESTful Web Services
Connect to the MV database using web services
In House Solutions
Suggestions gathered from the u2ug users mailing list.
- You can use UniObjects for Java to develop anything you can imagine. Ideas include Struts-based web applications running under Tomcat (or another Servlet container) and XML-based Web Services with Apache Axis. See JavaSource for more info.
- You can use PHP or Perl and InterCall together
- Jeff Butera has a working example, and Brooklyn Law School is using a modified version of it.
- A post to u2-users from Ken Hall saying he also has PHP->Intercall working. http://www.mail-archive.com/u2-users%40listserver.u2ug.org/msg06853.html
(per Ken Hall, this is no longer available)
- PerlSource has some code samples from the dawn of time
- The OpenQM web site contains notes on connecting OpenQM directly to a web server using a cgi executable and the QMClient library. The same principle should be able to be applied to other MultiValue databases. See: http://www.openqm.com/cgi/lbscgi.exe?T0=h&X=hvegquw43e&t1=presentations
- HowTos page on this site has a number of ways "how to" access MV from various languages.